Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DIY :: B.A.P (비에이피) Jersey T-Shirt

On 130331, B.A.P preformed two songs - Candy + Don't Leave Me. They wore customized jerseys with their names written in English and their birth year as seen below. This tutorial will show you how to make this for under $5.00USD!

 


First of all, the materials you'll need are a white t-shrit/sweatshirt and some transfer paper. You'll also need a working inkjet printer and an iron. I get my t-shirts at either Michael's or Joann for $3.00 each but sometimes they have sales (4 for $10). Transfer paper is also sold at Michael's. The cheapest kind I saw was a pack of 10 for $10 but Michael's usually gives out '40% off one item' coupons so if you have a Michael's nearby remember to use that coupon!

So first you'll need to setup. Choose an ironing surface - but don't use an ironing board.

Then cover it, I used a pillowcase.


Lay out your t-shirt or sweatshirt.


Take out two sheets of transfer paper. I used this brand.


Find a plain white picture online and save it.


Open it on Ribbet or any editing program you use. Now type in the member's birth year using the Text option on the top bar. 


Now go back to 'Basic Edits' on the top bar and choose Rotate, then click the third option to flip your image. The purpose of flipping it is that when you print this out, the printed/ink side will be facing the t-shirt. If you do not flip the image now, when you go to iron the pattern onto your shirt, it'll be backwards. We don't want that now, do we~?


Do the same for the name. I used the font 'Arial'.


Flip it. Now open it on a Microsoft Word document to print it out using transfer paper.


Print it out using transfer paper. Read the directions on the package for help.


Now cut out the name and number. The smaller it is, the neater it'll look. The larger the paper is, the easier it is to iron. Keep that in mind!


Set your iron to cotton.


Iron according to directions. When I made my shirts, I doubled the time the package indicated because I was a little paranoid, but in the end it worked out fine.


After it cools, peel the paper off.


And repeat!


Here are the jerseys I made for me and my friends~!




Have fun making these! B.A.P & BABYz fighting!

Check out my YouTube channel for more DIYs: http://www.youtube.com/user/mybeautifulreplay
I also have a Kpop Merch Store. It's http://absolutesoph.storenvy.com/

If you make this don't hesitate to tweet me a pic! (@absolutesoph)


No comments :

Post a Comment